Saturday, May 19, 2012

Diet & Calories Part 1

For as long as I could recall, I've been struggling with my weight all this while.

When I was in primary school, I was among the tallest girl in class.

We often had weigh in sessions during PE as a measure of our growth but that damned weighing in session had scarred me for life.

You see, being tall you weigh more than the normal kids. But unfortunately, other kids did not seem to think that.

So after being teased for my weight at about 12 years old, I have started my unsuccessful journey to lose weight.

I've tried yoyo diet, skipping meal, skipping rice, vegetarian, liquid diet etc; you name it, most probably I have already done it. Eventually, I gave up.

The fattest I've got was 75 kg. And that was a huge slap to my face.

I tried to find a photo when I weighed that much but unfortunately I can't find any. Probably I was too ashamed to take photos of myself then.

It was 4 years ago & since then I've lost 4 kgs got plateaued till now. I've always console myself saying that at least I'm maintaining at this weigh.

And then I went through an emotional struggle that lasted for about a year where at that point I did not give a damn on myself anymore.

But now after a change of environment I got better & started to worry for myself. In a few months time I will be hitting 1/4 of a century. That's when our body's metabolism slows down & it will get harder to lose weight.

A few months ago I started to go for a hike once every fortnight but besides improving my stamina, nothing happened to my body. I even climbed the highest mountain on South East Asia And came back without losing a single pound!

Anyway, as time passes I got more frustrated with myself. Until 1 day I accidentally came across this blog about a woman's journey to lose weight.

So I decided to take on her advice.


- To Be Continued-

No comments: