Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Forbidden City

The next morning we officially started our Beijing trip. The first thing we did was a trishaw ride along their conventional housing area. I totally had no idea about what happened I thought the trishaw ride was supposed to sent us to Forbidden City so I didn't take much pics through out the ride. I was just enjoying the cold air hitting on my face hahaha.

Sorry la Sorry la.. The trishaw cyclist covered us up with a blanket ^.^


As I said I had no idea what happened here so not much pictures available T__________T

Most of the restaurants on the road side looks like this..

Very winter sonata AHHAHA.. It was supposed to be spring when we went there but the weather was still cold as Beijing was far up north so the weather is basically still winter there. It was Saturday so the crowd & traffic was so crazy (imagine KL traffic X 100) the driver had to dropped us somewhere far & we had to walk quite a distance before we reached Forbidden City.

Despite the cold weather it was actually quite sunny over there thank god. The pedestrian walk was so clean & well developed unlike some country I know -_________-

CAN YOU SEE IT CAN YOU SEE IT? I'm not talking about my younger sister's paul frank bag =.="

Forbidden City is known as Former Palace aka Gu Gong now. It was built from 1406 -1420 & covers about 720000 square meters. This was the imperial palace during Ming dynasty till the end of Qing dynasty. Google Forbidden city if you want more info.

The backyard of the Forbidden City. Dramas sure had GLAMOUROURIZED this part.

Man made mountain done without sophisticated machines. You know lar, Feng Shui always says a place will be prosperous if there's mountain & water existing simultaneously, hence this fake mountain.

The garden was quite botak due to the cold season T_______________T I can't enjoy the flowers like the royalties do in the show -_____________-

In general the backyard was actually quite small but for the people in zaman dahulu it was considered huge please remember the fact that they don't have cellphones or microphones or phones or anything to communicate with each other except running here & there HAHA(insensitive laugh).

Can you please have a good glance at the crowd behind me? Trust me, this is hardly 5 % of the human sea present on that day =.="
The Empress' Bedroom. If you go closer you could actually see the display of the room but it was fucking hard to squeeze in the human walls surrounding it -.- The whole building is surprisingly small T.T Do you know that the empress is the only woman allowed to overnight with the emperor? The rest can only spend upto 2 hours only HAHA (insensitive laugh)

The emperor's room.. See? You could hardly squeeze to the front to have a look inside the emperor's room

Somehow I managed to snap a picture of this hahahaha

Out of the 720000 square meters I actually managed to find a spot with only 4 person in the background T.T

The Dragon Robe displayed in a small museum inside Forbidden City.

WOohoo I got the whole place to myself! Anyway where the hell is this?

The carriage used for the Emperor & Empress's wedding.

It's still quite unbelievable that I'm stepping on the grounds where the previous emperors & royal families resided =S

Resting tonnes of weight on the fragile & priceless walls.

On the way out hehe

Randomly taking picture while heading to Tian An Men Square.

Then I accidentally saw this.









hahahahahhahahahah.. Traumatizing childhood for that poor kid.

1 comment:

Kylie said...

ya wor the baby's si fat so unbelievable ahhahaha